Welcome to the Fly Away to Heaven Initiative.
The Fly Away To Heaven fly a thon was successfully conducted during May 2008 and the above photograph shows our team of pilots and support crew at Aldinga SA.
We wish to thank the people of Australia who supported the Fly Away To Heaven initiative and below is our current list of projects completed and currently underway.
The ten young East Timorese who attended World Youth Day in Sydney during July then extended their pilgrimage with a visit to the Thurgoona district where they were welcomed into the homes of many locals. Our lives were enriched so much by their joyful presence in our community.
The Fly Away to Heaven has been able to provide funding for the following projects:
- Provide bedding and furniture for the Canossian Orphange in Suai for 30 children. (US$6,100-00)
- Provide travelling expenses for 10 young East Timorese youth to attend World Youth Day in Sydney in July 2008. (AU$14,700-00)
- Provide support to the Nutrition & Development Polyclinic conducted by the Canossian Sisters in the Ainaro District. (US$13,200-00). This polyclinic provides support for mal-nourished pre-school children and infants and education to mothers on health, nutrition and hygiene matters.
- Provide training for 2 East Timorese women for 5 months so that they can assist in Village clinics as Community Caregivers with the Canossian Sisters. (US$700-00)
- Provide 2 wages for 2 teachers at Canossia School, Comoro (US$1,380-00).
Further Projects are currently under consideration and photographs of projects will be provided as they become available.
View details of the Fly Away to Heaven Initiative Fund Raising Events.
Find out how you can support the Fly Away to Heaven Initiative through Donations and Sponsorship.
Newspaper articles in the Media section of the website as Fr. John made his way around Australia.
New photos have been added to the home page of the website, in the box to the left. To see previous photos, click 'Fly-A-Thon' after 'All Albums'.